The consumer-directed e-mail has begun making its rounds...
As we informed you yesterday, an internal e-mail made its rounds to EB Games and Gamestop stores informing them that they would begin taking Wii pre-orders this Friday. Today, the official e-mail confirmation has gone out letting the rest of us know, and it even has a few details regarding trade-ins and that sort of thing. Like yesterday, we’ll list the important points below:
- Pre-orders will begin on October 13th, on a first come, first serve basis.
- Limit one pre-order per household.
- A pre-order does guarantee you a console on launch day.
- Because numbers are limited and are expected to sellout fast, you should call ahead to determine availability (though this doesn’t always work...).
- $50 down is required, though you can apply trade-ins to the cost to earn an extra 20% (until 10/15/06).
The e-mail also states that details regarding limited online pre-orders will be revealed at a later date. For our neighbors to the north, Canadian pre-orders for both the Wii and PS3 will begin on Monday, October 16th. Most of the rules listed above apply, though Canadians will need to supply either $50 (CDN) worth of trade-ins or $200 (CDN) of cash/credit. As always, should we learn more information, you’ll see it right here at VGGEN, so be sure to check back often.
Add Your Comments!
Please keep your comments relevant to this news article. Promotional and inappropriate comments may be removed at our discretion.
You must enter a valid email address. You will be sent an email with a link you must click to confirm your comment. Your comment will not be visible until you do so. Your email address will be kept confidential, and will never be displayed or shared.