Game supports Wii Remote and other controllers.
After crushing our hopes and dreams and renouncing a Gamefly listing of the title back in February, Aksys Games did an abrupt about-face today (perhaps feeling a little...guilty?) and confirmed that it will in fact publish Guilty Gear XX Accent Core for the Nintendo Wii.
The title, also confirmed for the PS2, features two new characters, new gameplay systems, new artwork, and of course gesture-based controls using the Wii Remote. For purists, the game will also support both the Nintendo GameCube and Classic Controllers on Wii.
You'll find the full press release below, and also the first screens from the game on our media page:
Torrance, CA (June 22, 2007) – The newest incarnation of the popular fighting game franchise, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, comes to the PlayStation®2 and Wii, courtesy of Aksys Games, a publisher of interactive entertainment products. Developed by Arc System Works, this latest iteration returns with its trademark high-resolution graphics along with an entirely retuned fighting system, new stages, new characters, graphics, voices and the ability to create matches between old and new characters in the Generations Mode.
"Accent Core is definitely a game for the elite fighting game connoisseur, with its wickedly fast, technique oriented gameplay," said Michael Manzanares, Producer, Aksys Games. "Guilty Gear veterans will definitely enjoy finding out all the intricacies of their favorite characters and mastering all the new gameplay enhancements and systems."
• Over 20 deadly combatants to choose from, including 2 new characters!All of your favorite characters have returned with new moves and an alternate EX version of each. Accent Core also introduces 2 reinvented fighters, A.B.A and Order-Sol that have never been seen outside of Japan.
• Refined fighting game system with 3 new gameplay systems! Accent Core’s Force Break, Throw Escape and Slash Back systems give all the fighters’ new defensive and offensive capabilities.
• New sights and sounds!New backgrounds, character voices and an introductory animation have been added for a fresh Guilty Gear experience.
• Multiple modes of mayhem!?Hone your fighting skills in 5 different modes: Arcade, Medal of Millionaire, Versus, Survival and Training.
• Waggle controls exclusive to the Wii!?Gamers can test their fighting game prowess by mastering the new Wii Remote™ controls that lets you pull off the fighters’ punches, kicks and special moves with simple gestures. For purists, GGXXAC will also support the Nintendo GameCube™ and Classic Controllers.
Gulty Gear XX Accent Core has not yet been rated by the ESRB. More information about Aksys Games and Guilty Gear can be found at www.aksysgames.com.
Add Your Comments!
Please keep your comments relevant to this news article. Promotional and inappropriate comments may be removed at our discretion.
You must enter a valid email address. You will be sent an email with a link you must click to confirm your comment. Your comment will not be visible until you do so. Your email address will be kept confidential, and will never be displayed or shared.