Europeans will soon get a taste of this bushido baked good.
When people talk about the deluge of ports headed to Nintendo’s latest system, nothing even comes close to the thirty or so games being prepped by Data Design Interactive. However, while reading through the list is often cause for a collective sigh throughout the gaming community, one title among them has become a sort of diamond in the rough, catching the eye of Wii owners everywhere: Ninjabread Man, the story of a cookie who is six grams or less of pure death. Of course, no matter how catchy the name or eye-catching the game, the quality of the game itself is still a matter of debate (and something I’m sure critics will, dare I say, chew on, for some time to come). However, today, the Europeans are one step closer to finding out, as DDI has announced that Ninjabread Man has gone gold. For more information on this title, as usual, we’ve included the official press release below:
Stourbridge, England – June 26, 2007 – Video games publisher and games developer Data Design Interactive are pleased to announce, that everybody’s favourite stealth fighting tough guy, Ninjabread Man has gone gold for Nintendo’s Wii. Ninjabread Man is the first of 30 Wii titles that the company is in the process of releasing this year.
Candy Land is under attack! This once sweet and tasty land has been taken over by hordes of snapping Cup Cakes, Angry Bees and Jelly Monsters and only one thing can stop this evil army of monster cakes.
He’s one tough cookie; a guy that won’t crumble under the pressure...... ‘Ninjabread Man’ is here!
• Use the Wii control system in a fun and interactive way. Throw Ninja stars to stun enemies and then follow up with Ninjabread Man’s mighty samurai sword. Whatever direction you swing, so will Ninjabrad Man.
• Learn advanced Ninja fighting techniques and build up your weapon store to reduce enemies into a quivering pool of Raspberry Jam.
• Each level is filled with enemies bent on the pursuit of power! Some of them can fly or shoot from a distance. Some can move very fast while others lie secretly in waiting and when Ninjabread man comes near, they spring into action and attack mercilessly.
• Strange and dangerous levels with something new to discover around every corner.
• Replay levels in various different modes of play, collecting hidden objects and racing against the clock to unlock a variety of challenges. You’ll be sure to be facing some unexpected hazard along the route.
Add Your Comments!
Please keep your comments relevant to this news article. Promotional and inappropriate comments may be removed at our discretion.
You must enter a valid email address. You will be sent an email with a link you must click to confirm your comment. Your comment will not be visible until you do so. Your email address will be kept confidential, and will never be displayed or shared.